Monday, November 14, 2011

"Well Done"

This week marks the completion of the 60 day challenge that started with me announcing my wholehearted intent to lose 40 lbs and get healthy and fit. While I still have almost 30 lbs yet to lose, I know that what I have gained in knowledge of my body and maintaining an active lifestyle is more rewarding than winning any material prize. I have done my best, I faced greater challenges than I ever expected, and I experienced disappointing setbacks that might have discouraged me to the point of quitting altogether. And, yes, my heart has truly been broken by things that were very much out of my control. But I knew this wouldn't be easy, I've been well aware that life doesn't play fair, and I am sure that these are not the last obstacles I will come up against in my continuing efforts to change my lifestyle. "Success is not a destination, it's a journey." (Zig Ziglar) holds more truth to me now than ever before. Do I feel successful, perhaps not, but I know that I have not failed nor have I given up. And the words that will mean the most to me, at the very end of it all, when nothing else will matter nearly as much as crossing the last finish line, are those that I have been promised to hear from the only One who can bestow anything of eternal worth and value. It is those words that compell me to strive harder and reach forward. Yes, when all is said and done, long after the sweat and tears have dried, I have an assurance that I will stand in the company of all like-hearted people and hear the Lord of all that I am say, "Well done." ~ Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment