Thursday, May 31, 2012

An Important Step


So, as I sit here with angry muscles from these past few workouts - "few" kind of minimizes the terror I've come to associate with my workouts - there is something that I know has changed about my attitude. It's nothing profound or even lucrative if I were to try and write a book about it. Booklet. Going through my 3-4 sets of 10-20 reps has proved two things to me:

1. It's harder than it looks.

2. I'm more capable than I think.

Honestly, this is real, raw emotional stuff. Don't let my size and shape fool you. I might look sturdy on the outside but the inside tells another story. Do you want me to share that story? Well, here it is... I don't want to share it. I value you. But this is too personal. Sorry.

All I can say is that my journey's map has an arrow that says "You Are Here" and I'm further ahead than I was when I started. But there's a lot of distance yet to cover. This is work that needs doing now. And I'm doing it. Because I believe I can. Woo hoo!

~ Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment