Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Ultimate Prize

Let’s put it this way: I am just 40 pounds away from my ultimate is-that-really-MY-body weight. To some it’s small potatoes (which I can’t eat for awhile, by the way), and to others it seems like an impossibility. For me, it’s just 10 pounds more than I’ve lost already. Granted, these are going to be tough old fat pounds to lose, because these are the stubborn ones. You know the ones I’m talking about, right girls?

These are the pounds that thrived on the pumpkin spice lattes every Fall, that convinced you that one more slice of caramel apple pie on Thanksgiving was expected, that assured you that Mom’s green bean casserole was healthy because it had veggies, that scolded you if you didn’t eat everything on your plate because that would be rude to your dinner host. Yes, and these are the pounds that chortled when you couldn’t zip up the fly on your favorite pair of jeans anymore, that glared at you in the department store change-room when you were looking for something nice to wear for Christmas, that seemed to plot against you when you made your New Year’s resolutions and drank meal replacement shakes and crunched your abs until it hurt to laugh at the funny little things your kids said, that bullied their way into every family picture and photograph so all you saw were those horrible unforgiving hateful pounds. Of course, by “you” I mean me. Yes. I. Did. That.

No. Not anymore. Not ever again. I will not deal with those pounds for the rest of my life. I won’t listen to them when they try to tell me my body wasn’t made to be lean. I don’t care if they burn and rage within my arms and belly and thighs. Let them holler and curse my efforts. If sweat is fat crying then I’m gonna make it bawl its eyes out. I’m going straight to the source of their power-grip on me and I am cutting it off completely. All those stupid pointless calories I used to crave and love and worship are O.U.T. How can I say all of this so resolutely? Well, I’ve made new friends with different body parts, called muscles. And let me tell you, they know their way around too. Oh and the better I feed them and the more I work them, the more they love me and literally beg me for more. I’m actually enjoying their company because they don’t lie to me and say things that make me just feel better. They actually make me better and let me take all the credit. They are my team and I know I can count on them to help me win. And the prize? You’re gonna totally love this: a lifetime of ultimate health and fitness. That alone is worth the fight!

It’s on!

Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment