Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"Have you been to the gym?" and other awkward questions...

So, this hasn't been the awesome-est week for working out. First of all, I have some good reasons and great excuses for being out of sync. Secondly, I'm plumb tuckered (it's fun to say this, by the way). And thirdly, I don't owe anyone an explanation. Actually, that third one isn't true at all. I'm just a tad snarky...sorry.

Keeping Hubby's back on ice and his veins flowing with vicodin hasn't been my favorite thrill ride, this week. Oh sure, I can talk about how we rocked the mountain hike a week ago when we rescued our little girl's hoodie from the wild elements, or even perhaps a shivering bear cub in serarch of warmth. Cute picture, huh? But helping him recover was a labor of love, no doubt of that, in sickness and in lost spinal alignment.

BUT those days are over! Not only is he getting better but I am learning that health and fitness waits for no one. We either show up or we stand down. Is that clear, soldier?

Count me in!

Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment