Friday, May 6, 2011

Milestone!

My friend Alisha and I both achieved a milestone, this week. We each ran 1 mile without stopping. Her best time, so far, is 10:45 minutes. I won't say how long it took me to run it but I will say it feels wonderful to have made it to this point, again. I say "again" because I have run a mile and beyond, before, but for some reason it has been harder to get back to this place. My "personal trainer" a.k.a husband reassures me that this is common to have dips in performance. Look at the world's best athletes and it's obvious that everyone has good days and bad days. But it has been a good week, overall, and I am aiming for a 2 mile no stops run. Can't wait until that happens! Until then, I plan to celebrate my personal milestone until I reach the next one.

Weight Watchers has some great ways to celebrate without putting pounds back on that you've worked so hard to shed. My personal favorite is the bubble bath idea. Ahhh, I can just feel it now...

Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment